New Forest Handyman services has read the government guidelines relating to COVID-19 and specifically the guidelines (highlighted below) relating to both indoor and outdoor work for small construction companies.
New Forest Handyman services will, when proposing to take on work for a client, undertake a risk assessment and discuss with the client what measures will be put in place to safeguard both the clients and the employees/contractors employed by New Forest Handyman services.
New Forest Handyman services will include in our quotations/estimates a signed copy of this policy to confirm that they have undertaken that assessment and that you, the client, understood and agreed.
These measures will include:
Workers use of face masks in appropriate settings.
Regular washing of hands in accordance with government guidelines.
Use of hand sanitiser where washing facilities are not available.
Cleaning and clearing up at the end of every day and at the end of a job. (e.g. work surfaces, door knobs and handles, tools etc. where appropriate)
Maintaining ‘social distancing’ at all times from both clients and co-workers.
Clients must discuss any specific concerns with Daniel Kingett, director of New Forest Handyman services, prior to commencement of work.
Our contact details:
Name: Mr Daniel Kingett
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details, which may include telephone numbers and email addresses.)
How we get the personal information and why we have it.
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
If you are a client, to enable us to contact you to provide quotations and invoices and for our accounting records or,
in the case of employees or sub-contractors, to enable us to undertake our obligations as employers which includes but is not limited to making salary or other payments to you as and when appropriate.
We do not receive information about you from any other source and we do not share your information with any person or company.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting New Forest Handyman services by phone or email as detailed above.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored at our company address as detailed above
We keep only the information you have supplied to us for the time allowed by the regulations. We will then dispose of your information by deleting your details from our computer records and shredding any paper information we may hold.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us, New Forest Handyman services, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07732887785. If you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us, New Forest Handyman services, on email@example.com or 07732887785.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
New Forest Handyman Services
29rd March 2022
Terms and Conditions of Business
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
New Forest Handyman Services is a trading name for New Forest Handyman Services.
These terms and conditions explain the rights and responsibilities of the client and New Forest Handyman Services.
1. New Forest Handyman Services will provide all customers with a written quotation/estimate, which will include sufficient detail for the completion of the works. If any clarification is required, please contact us so that we can provide it. Extra work can be undertaken subject to a written and agreed quotation/estimate of cost.
2. A ‘contract’ with New Forest Handyman Services is an agreement by the client to have work undertaken based on a written quotation/estimate submitted directly to the client from New Forest Handyman Services on official headed paper. This is a clear and straightforward undertaking between the two parties to form a contract.
3. Once a quotation/estimate has been accepted (either verbally or in writing) and the client has paid their negotiated deposit, then a contract has been entered into and these terms will come into effect. Quotations/estimate are valid for three months from the published date.
4. Once the client has entered into a contract with New Forest Handyman Services, by paying their deposit, they have a 14 day cooling off period should they wish to cancel. The contract can be cancelled by either phone (07732887785) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to New Forest Handyman Services.
5. All prices quoted are calculated on the basis of free access and unimpeded working during our normal working hours (8am – 4pm Mon – Fri), unless otherwise agreed and stated on the quotation/estimate, Please note that we may be on site until 6pm or on a Saturday. We will get prior agreement with the client should this be necessary.
6. It is the customer’s responsibility to arrange planning permission, building control and any utility changes. If any of the aforementioned is required for the work, New Forest Handyman Services require evidence of this prior to beginning work.
7. Commencement of work is under the assumption of uninterrupted work for the duration of the contract and in accordance with the client having obtained the necessary permissions (such as planning permission for example). New Forest Handyman Services cannot be held liable for any costs incurred as a result of delays due to unforeseen circumstances. (e.g. planning permission delays resulting in work having to stop)
8. New Forest Handyman Services will agree all practical arrangements with regards to working methods in order to provide minimum disruption to the client and allow work to be carried out efficiently by the contractor.
9. Free access is required for delivery of building materials, plant, machinery, skips etc.
10. All materials on-site, whether brought on by the contractor or removed by the contractor during work remain the property of New Forest Handyman Services and will be disposed of appropriately and responsibly.
11. New Forest Handyman Services may directly employ or sub-contract labour to work on site. Each sub-contractor takes full responsibility for their own third-party liability. Plumbing sub-contracts are registered. Electricians are Part P certified. New Forest Handyman Services will oversee all works to completion and takes full general and operational responsibility in the running of any contract agreed with the client.
12. New Forest Handyman Services will provide a payment plan to the client prior to commencement of works of over £1500. The payment plan will be negotiated with each client but will usually include, for example, a 20% deposit, staged payments and an end payment upon satisfactory completion of works. Deposits are generally non-refundable as they allow New Forest Handyman Services to book work in, agree a formal start date and purchase materials.
Prompt payment of deposits are required (normally within seven days of acceptance of estimate/quotation) before any work schedules or materials can be booked.
Please note: If work is cancelled or postponed by the client after a deposit has been placed (in line with the cooling off period), or once work has started they may be liable for lost revenue by New Forest Handyman Services. In the very unlikely event that New Forest Handyman Services have to cancel your work, your deposit will be fully refunded.
13. Invoices will be sent out prior to the relevant payment date and each invoice will serve as a receipt for payment. Payments must be made in a timely manner or work progress may be impeded or ceased (in the case of non-payment). Payments can be made by cheque or cash, but bank transfer is our preferred method. All invoices include our bank details for bank transfers.
14. New Forest Handyman Services has Public Liability Insurance and Employers’ Liability to the sum of £5,000,000. All usual general building practices are covered within our insurance policy.
15. New Forest Handyman Services abides by the provisions of The Data Protection Act 2018. Your rights and our responsibilities for the handling of your information can be found on our website (newforest-handyman.co.uk).
16. All customers will benefit from a full guarantee on our workmanship (with the exceptions noted below) for a period of 12 months. Guarantees on materials run in accordance with manufacturer’s warranty periods where applicable. Our guarantee covers all new work and new materials used in construction or repairs but does not guarantee the integrity of any existing structures, materials or decorations. In the event of a failure beyond the guarantee period we will be happy to investigate the cause negotiate a solution to the problem without delay and carry out any agreed repairs as soon as possible. Charges may apply for remedial work carried out beyond guarantee dates or to items not covered by our guarantee. Please note: Decorations are signed off on completion and not covered by guarantee. Plastering work is covered only by a 6 month guarantee to allow for settling-in time. We therefore strongly recommend delaying any decorating for this period.
17. No responsibility is taken by New Forest Handyman Services for the presence of perished or rotten timber (or any other perished or rotten materials) in existing structures such as doors, windows and frames whether detected or undetected at the time of contract.
18. New Forest Handyman Services will not be held responsible for the suitability of existing boilers to cope with the demands of additional plumbing works. If the existing boiler is found to be unsuitable, this shall be discussed with the client and any parts required shall be supplied at trade cost. If we have to remove existing radiators for any reason (e.g. plastering) we will not be held responsible for their effectiveness once they are replaced.
19. New Forest Handyman Services will endeavour to protect existing surfaces with the use of dust sheets and loose plastic sheeting etc. along with care in our working practice. However, responsibility for protection from damage of any existing surface or fabrics etc is the responsibility of the client. Arrangements can be made to put in place protection of existing surfaces over and above our basic cover at a negotiated additional cost. We strongly recommend that clients move any expensive or sentimental items before work commences. If we are required to move furniture to undertake our work, we will not be held responsible for any breakages or stains that may occur. We advise clients to keep all valuables and expensive items safe and secure for the duration of the works, as we cannot be held liable for any theft or loss.
20. Discounts and retentions: Prices are based on the understanding that no retentions are held unless previously arranged and authorised. No Main Contractor or sub-contractor discounts are given unless agreed and confirmed in writing.
21. New Forest Handyman Services will endeavour to always employ a helpful attitude and will always attempt to bring the building works to a satisfactory conclusion as soon as possible taking into account weather conditions, availability of specialist materials and unforeseen circumstances etc.
New Forest Handyman Services take pictures of the progress of our projects. We reserve the right to use these pictures in our portfolio of work, on our website and on various social media websites for marketing and information purposes. Please let us know, via email, before the commencement of work if this is not acceptable to you.
New Forest Handyman Services
29th March 2022